Automatic launcher for unmanned sounding :
This new system called RobotSonde was developed for :
– make operator task easier.
– Reduce possibility of error and wrong handling during preparation/launch phase.
– Increase percentage of successful sounding and available data on GTS.
– Increase security of persons specially when hydrogen is used for inflating the balloon.
– Facilitate staff management during out of normal working hours (night or weekend) or remore location.
– Reduce global running costs of sounding stations (possible reduction of global staff).
RobotSonde is composed of following subsystems :
– Launcher tube.
– Shelter with separated technical and operator rooms.
– 12 individual removable containers of balloon train.
– Electronic control unit.