- 0 to 1 Volt or 4 to 20 mA analogue output
- No change of desiccant for 10 years
- Active temperature correction from -40°C to +80°C
- 5 year warranty (*)
The SMP3 is a smart pyranometer with low maintenance and industry standard digital and analogue amplified outputs. Based on the proven CMP 3 technology the SMP3 adds Modbus® interface, improved response time and temperature corrected measurement data. The wide and low power supply range from 5 to 30 VDC makes integration in meteorological stations easy. The SMP is protected against over voltage, reversed polarity and short circuiting. Because all SMP’s have identical sensitivity and connections exchanging instruments during recalibration is easy.
SmartExplorer Windows™ for data logging, display of data and Modbus® address setting is provided as standard.
SMP3 measures global solar radiation on a horizontal plane. When tilted with the same angle as a PV panel it measures the tilted global radiation, for PV module efficiency calculations.
(*) This product will need to be registered by the end-user within 6 months of purchase to activate the warranty extension.
|Spectral range (50% points)||300 to 2800 nm|
|Response time (63%)||< 1.5 s|
|Response time (95%)||< 12 s|
|Zero offset A||< 15 W/m²|
|Zero offset B||< 5 W/m²|
|Directional response (up to 80° with 1000 W/m² beam)||20 W/m²|
|Temperature dependence of sensitivity (-20 ºC to +50 ºC)||< 3 %|
|Analogue output (-V version)||0 to 1 V|
|Analogue output (-A version)||4 to 20 mA|
|Digital output||2-wire RS-485|
- Brochure – Pyranometers – SMP Series
- Brochure – Solar Irradiance Monitoring in Solar Energy Projects
- Brochure – Solar Monitoring Stations
- Manual – SmartExplorer software
- Smart Radiometer Kit – Connection diagram
- Manual – SMP series Pyranometers – English