SENSOR TO DETECT THE SLIDING MOVEMENT OF SNOW
The sensor SGE-20 enables the measurement of the sliding movement of the snow, whereby deductions can be derived regarding the association between the condition of the surface of the slope, the inclination of the slope and the snow pack.
FEATURES AND ADVANTAGES
- Measurement of the sliding movement of the snow in steep terrain
- Recognition of the influences of the ground conditions on the snow pack
- Robust aluminium case for use in snow and cold temperatures
- Reliable data output and integration in existing measuring systems
- Minimum energy consumptionFIELDS OF APPLICATION
The sliding movement of the snow pack can be recorded using the SGE-20. This is a unique and precise measuring tool for research institutes, environment and forestry commissions, flood and avalanche warning services and geologists who are concerned with the condition of the slope surface. With the aid of the SGE-20, for example, plantation and other provisions for endangered slopes can be more effectively planned.
The sensor is installed in the terrain and connected to the data logger via a sensor cable. A sensitive extensometer is situated in the sensor itself. The so-called snow slide «shoe» is attached to the extensometer via a robust and special wire connection. When the «shoe» slides down the slope together with and underneath the snow, the sensor measures the corresponding distance and emits an electronic signal.